Sunday, March 1, 2009
Kings Of Leon
A couple of months ago I heard this song "Sex on fire" by Kings Of Leon. I am not a huge fan of rock but I like to listen to it, I am more of a reggae type of dude, so for me to hear this and vibe to it so well from just one song. It is a great tune so I had to go and download the rest of the album. The song is off their fourth studio album "Only by the night". I read online that this band was out for a while now and I was flabbergasted because they are a really good band. The song "Sex On Fire" I like it more for the production than lyrics but overall it has a really nice flow to it. Another really good song is "Use somebody" is pretty cool as well it has a good tone to the track, I actually listen to this track to relax or do my homework listening to it and even on my way home from work. The song that amazes me most besides "Sex on fire" is "Crawl". That track is my other favorite because I myself produce music and the guitar and the baseline of this song is really good. Also the lyrics of this song are strong because its on anti-war and one great line is "The reds and the whites and abused the crucified USA as every prophecy unfolds oh, hell is surely on its way." I think you guys should listen to any of those three tracks and you are most likely go on You Tube and listen to them or maybe you already heard of them because I did not know they existed until a few months ago. I let a few of my friends listen to their songs and now they have either two or three songs on their Itunes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Saleem,
ReplyDeleteI actually heard of this band a couple of months ago as well. What I liked about this band is that the bass guitar actually plays a couple of different rhythms compared to other bands where the bass plays the same thing over and over again. Another good song by them is "Molly's Chambers." That was actually the first song I ever heard from them. "Use Somebody" is actually my favorite song.
A lot of their music has a message. They are actually a somewhat religious band. Some of their names are very Biblical names. They are a really good band. I have about ten of their songs in my ipod. Its good to hear you liked them. Hope you enjoy their music cause I know I do.
- Diana
Hi Saleem,
ReplyDeleteTo tell the truth, I never heard of this band before and I def. will check the band out when I get a chance. It seem to be one of the cool band. I like when the bands can related to the society today and its almost like the message is trying to be spread through other people so their ears and their minds can be open and be able to do something to help to spread and make earth an better place.
I love the Kings of Leon and I think your description of the album is straight on. I really like that you included some lyrics. PLease pay more attention to conventions.
ReplyDeleteGrade:3/4